MONTICELLO, Wis. - A Monticello man is arrested and another is hospitalized after a stabbing outside a Monticello tavern Monday, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Police were called to the area behind 238 N. Main St. at 6:27 p.m. to a report of a stabbing.
Investigators said the two men were involved in a verbal dispute inside the bar and moved outside.
Bryan S. Adams, 41, told police the other man, 39, had attacked him and he stabbed the man in self-defense.
Adams was arrested on suspicion of recklessly endangering safety.
The stabbing victim was transported to University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison. His injury is not believed to be life-threatening.
- $50M bond set in forced abortion attempt
- Suspected drunken driver leads 9-mile pursuit, deputies say
- Tiny puppies rescued after tornado need home
- Former NASCAR driver Stewart pulled over by
- Officials believe only one fatal batch of nacho cheese made in Wisconsin
- One man injured in shooting outside east side strip club