MADISON, Wis. - Police across Wisconsin will be putting extra emphasis on tracking down drunken drivers this holiday season under the "Booze and Belts" campaign.
The initiative runs from Friday through Dec. 16. It focuses both on impaired drivers and those not wearing seat belts.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation said last December, 51 people died and there were 11,000 traffic crashes across the state. More than 3,500 people were injured.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns