MADISON, Wis. - A Beloit man is lucky to get his car back after someone stole his car on Madison's southwest side while he went inside a store to ask for directions.
The incident happened at the PDQ on Raymond Road just after 5 p.m. last Wednesday.
According to police, the man was coming from an appointment at the VA Hospital, and wanted to stop by a local bar he had heard about on his way home.
Police said the man left his 1997 Cadillac Deville running while he went inside the store to ask for directions. But by the time he went back out to his car, it was gone.
The man called police, who quickly found a car matching that description parked on Greenway View near Todd Drive. Police arrested Steven Woodson, 38, of Fitchburg for operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent.
Police drove the man to his car 40 minutes after it was stolen. Police said the car was in decent shape, except that four beers were missing from the cooler in his car.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire