MADISON, Wis. - A woman living at a Far East side hotel was jailed after police said she neglected her toddler.
Police said Jennifer Shaw, 36, was arrested on suspicion of felony child neglect after police found her toddler had been exposed to a liquid chemical in their room at the Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham. Madison Police Department Press Information Officer Joel DeSpain said Shaw had been living in the hotel.
According to the report, the 14-month-old boy was taken to the hospital for treatment. The chemical that the toddler was exposed to was not identified in the report, but police said the liquid is undergoing testing to identify it.
DeSpain also said the boy's injuries were non-life-threatening.
Shaw was taken into custody at the Dane County Jail.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns