MADISON, Wis. - A woman living at a Far East side hotel was jailed after police said she neglected her toddler.
Police said Jennifer Shaw, 36, was arrested on suspicion of felony child neglect after police found her toddler had been exposed to a liquid chemical in their room at the Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham. Madison Police Department Press Information Officer Joel DeSpain said Shaw had been living in the hotel.
According to the report, the 14-month-old boy was taken to the hospital for treatment. The chemical that the toddler was exposed to was not identified in the report, but police said the liquid is undergoing testing to identify it.
DeSpain also said the boy's injuries were non-life-threatening.
Shaw was taken into custody at the Dane County Jail.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement