JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two people suffered injuries Tuesday evening after a car crossed the centerline on U.S. Highway 51 on Janesville’s south side, according to Janesville police.
The incident happened around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday at the corner of 51 and West Knilans Road.
According to police, a pickup truck going northbound on 51 crossed the centerline, striking a large SUV going south. Police said alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Police said the drivers of both vehicles were taken to the hospital. The driver of the pickup received life threatening injuries, while the driver of the SUV received non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the road was closed for two hours while they reconstructed the accident.
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide
- Jefferson transforms for Harry Potter Festival
- Motorcycle driver taken to hospital after crash
- Guard who dragged a teen across floor gets bonus restored
- University of Wisconsin alums donated $25 million to school
- Madison police make changes to deadly force procedures