MADISON, Wis. - A 29-year-old Madison man is hospitalized after being hit by a car that fled the scene, according to Madison police.
Police said the victim and his friends were walking in a crosswalk at the intersection of West Johnson Street and North Frances Street at 2:10 a.m. when the man was struck by a car.
The victim was taken to the hospital and suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are looking for the driver of the car. The car is described as black and possibly a Volkswagen.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant