MADISON, Wis. - A 29-year-old Madison man is hospitalized after being hit by a car that fled the scene, according to Madison police.
Police said the victim and his friends were walking in a crosswalk at the intersection of West Johnson Street and North Frances Street at 2:10 a.m. when the man was struck by a car.
The victim was taken to the hospital and suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are looking for the driver of the car. The car is described as black and possibly a Volkswagen.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend