MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison taxi cab driver was robbed by passengers during an early morning trip.
The Madison Police Department said at about 3:15 a.m. Saturday, the 30-year-old driver told police he was taking two men to 2500 Brentwood Parkway. According to the report, when the cab driver was dropping the men off, one man pointed a handgun at him and demanded money.
Police said the man took the money and the passengers fled on foot.
The man with the gun was described as black, between 18 and 22 years old, weighing about 120 to 135 pounds and wearing dark jeans, a black sweatshirt with writing on the font and a dark baseball cap with a red brim. The second man was described as black, between 20 and 23 years old, weighing about 130 to 150 pounds and wearing a blue top and a baseball cap, according to the report.
No injuries were reported by the taxi driver and the robbers are still at large, police said.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1