MADISON, Wis. - A Madison police officer was injured and others spit at by a combative woman, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the 4800 block of the Verona Frontage Road at 5:10 p.m. on Wednesday when witnesses spotted a baseball bat-wielding woman chasing a man across several parking lots.
One officer was kicked in the stomach and others were spit at while she was arrested.
Amanda A. Bell, 25, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of battery to law enforcement officers, disorderly conduct while armed, resisting and on a probation hold.
A witness who knows Bell and the man told police the two are having relationship issues.Madison crime map
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle