MADISON, Wis. - One officer suffered a broken wrist and another an injured knee Monday after confronting a Madison man who police said was drinking alcohol at the Madison Metro East Transfer Point on Corporate Drive.
According to police, Jason Cramer, 32, became aggressive with officers just after 3 p.m. when they tried to handcuff him. He allegedly reached for the officers' service belts, near their gun holsters, and was able to pull one officer's Taser from the belt, according the disturbance report from police.
Police said officers initially approached Cramer after he was seen spilling a beverage by the bus stop and near children.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program