MADISON, Wis. - One officer suffered a broken wrist and another an injured knee Monday after confronting a Madison man who police said was drinking alcohol at the Madison Metro East Transfer Point on Corporate Drive.
According to police, Jason Cramer, 32, became aggressive with officers just after 3 p.m. when they tried to handcuff him. He allegedly reached for the officers' service belts, near their gun holsters, and was able to pull one officer's Taser from the belt, according the disturbance report from police.
Police said officers initially approached Cramer after he was seen spilling a beverage by the bus stop and near children.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement