MADISON, Wis. - A Madison police officer suffered minor injuries while arresting a woman who had been exposing herself to motorists, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 2900 block of East Washington Avenue at 2:17 p.m. Tuesday on a report that the woman was also running into traffic.
Officers said that when the 38-year-old woman was contacted by police, she scratched an officer's face and arms while also pulling the officer's hair.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of battery to a police officer, resisting and disorderly conduct. Police said mental health professionals were contacted.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005