MADISON, Wis. - A Madison police officer suffered minor injuries while arresting a woman who had been exposing herself to motorists, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 2900 block of East Washington Avenue at 2:17 p.m. Tuesday on a report that the woman was also running into traffic.
Officers said that when the 38-year-old woman was contacted by police, she scratched an officer's face and arms while also pulling the officer's hair.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of battery to a police officer, resisting and disorderly conduct. Police said mental health professionals were contacted.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees