MADISON, Wis. - A Madison police officer suffered minor injuries while arresting a woman who had been exposing herself to motorists, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 2900 block of East Washington Avenue at 2:17 p.m. Tuesday on a report that the woman was also running into traffic.
Officers said that when the 38-year-old woman was contacted by police, she scratched an officer's face and arms while also pulling the officer's hair.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of battery to a police officer, resisting and disorderly conduct. Police said mental health professionals were contacted.
- Richland Center man faces OWI, drug charges
- Four injured in early-morning shooting
- Crews battle roof fire at McFarland cold storage facility
- Janesville high school holds safety workshop for girls
- James Brown's 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield dies at 73
- Despite warm temps, Winter Fest, Polar Plunge continue as scheduled