MADISON, Wis. - A former Badger turned NFL player is accused of battering his girlfriend early Friday in Madison, police said.
Madison police said Montee Ball, 25, was at the Hampton Inn and Suites on West Johnson Street at 3:43 a.m. when he was physically violent toward his girlfriend.
She told police Ball threw her and she fell, hitting the corner of a table.
Ball allegedly admitted to pushing her.
Officers said Ball was cooperative.
Ball was arrested on a tentative charge of felony substantial battery.
Ball was signed by the New England Patriots late in the 2015 season but did not play in any games. He had also been drafted in the NFL by the Denver Broncos in 2013 but was released in the 2015 season. Ball was a running back for the UW-Madison Badgers football team from 2009 to 2013.
- Officers target seat belt use over holiday weekend
- Man sentenced for 13th drunken driving conviction
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game
- Trump budget upsets families hit by opioid addiction crisis
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name