MADISON, Wis. - A former Badger turned NFL player is accused of battering his girlfriend early Friday in Madison, police said.
Madison police said Montee Ball, 25, was at the Hampton Inn and Suites on West Johnson Street at 3:43 a.m. when he was physically violent toward his girlfriend.
She told police Ball threw her and she fell, hitting the corner of a table.
Ball allegedly admitted to pushing her.
Officers said Ball was cooperative.
Ball was arrested on a tentative charge of felony substantial battery.
Ball was signed by the New England Patriots late in the 2015 season but did not play in any games. He had also been drafted in the NFL by the Denver Broncos in 2013 but was released in the 2015 season. Ball was a running back for the UW-Madison Badgers football team from 2009 to 2013.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say