DARLINGTON, Wis. - A new judge will preside over the trial for two brothers charged with killing three children in a Lafayette County house fire.
Green County Judge Thomas Vale was appointed to replace a Lafayette County judge at the request of Armin and Jeremy Wand. One of the first motions Vale will consider is a defense request that could move the trial out of Lafayette County.
Thirty-two-year-old Armin Wand is the father of the children killed in the fire -- 7-year-old Allen, 5-year-old Jeffery and 3-year-old Joseph Wand. The brothers are also facing attempted homicide charges for allegedly trying to kill Armin Wand's wife, Sharon, and their 2-year-old daughter, Jessica.
The State Journal reported the request for a change of venue was based on heavy media coverage of the case.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say