DARLINGTON, Wis. - A new judge will preside over the trial for two brothers charged with killing three children in a Lafayette County house fire.
Green County Judge Thomas Vale was appointed to replace a Lafayette County judge at the request of Armin and Jeremy Wand. One of the first motions Vale will consider is a defense request that could move the trial out of Lafayette County.
Thirty-two-year-old Armin Wand is the father of the children killed in the fire -- 7-year-old Allen, 5-year-old Jeffery and 3-year-old Joseph Wand. The brothers are also facing attempted homicide charges for allegedly trying to kill Armin Wand's wife, Sharon, and their 2-year-old daughter, Jessica.
The State Journal reported the request for a change of venue was based on heavy media coverage of the case.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK