RACINE, Wis. - A Racine man will be sentenced in October following his conviction for felony murder in a fatal parking lot dispute.
Prosecutors said Richard Lewis, 25, punched the victim, Albert Paragamian, 88, after Paragamian bumped his car as he backed out of a space at the Wheaton Franciscan-All Saints hospital in March 2011. Paragamian fell to the ground, hit his head and died a week later.
Lewis was also convicted of battery to the elderly. He testified Paragamian was grabbing for his cellphone when he lost his balance and fell.
The Racine Journal Times said jurors reached their verdict following about two hours of deliberation.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says