MILWAUKEE - A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman is in jail for dropping her baby on some concrete stairs, then walking away and telling a police officer she no longer wanted the child.
Police said the woman dropped the child, and then approached a passing police squad. The 1-year-old girl was taken to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon where she was treated for injuries to her face. Police said the woman was arrested on a possible charge of felony child abuse. She remains in custody. Police said the child remains hospitalized.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash