MILWAUKEE - A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman is in jail for dropping her baby on some concrete stairs, then walking away and telling a police officer she no longer wanted the child.
Police said the woman dropped the child, and then approached a passing police squad. The 1-year-old girl was taken to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon where she was treated for injuries to her face. Police said the woman was arrested on a possible charge of felony child abuse. She remains in custody. Police said the child remains hospitalized.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue