MILWAUKEE - A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman is in jail for dropping her baby on some concrete stairs, then walking away and telling a police officer she no longer wanted the child.
Police said the woman dropped the child, and then approached a passing police squad. The 1-year-old girl was taken to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon where she was treated for injuries to her face. Police said the woman was arrested on a possible charge of felony child abuse. She remains in custody. Police said the child remains hospitalized.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees