WASHBURN, Wis. - A northwestern Wisconsin woman is charged with reckless homicide in a crash that killed her two-year-old daughter and injured three other children.
A criminal complaint states 23-year-old Chelsea Cadotte was the only one who was restrained in the family's SUV when it crashed in Bayfield County last July near Washburn. All four children were thrown from the vehicle after it rolled several times.
Mariah Gordon, 2, died as a result of her injuries. Myley Gordon, 4, is in a coma with a traumatic brain injury. Carter Gordon, 6, suffered a broken hip and fractured leg. The defendant's sister, Erica Gonzales,15, suffered broken bones and internal injuries.
The Duluth News Tribune reported a second-degree reckless homicide charge and three counts of first-degree reckless injury have been filed against Cadotte.
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted