WASHBURN, Wis. - A northwestern Wisconsin woman is charged with reckless homicide in a crash that killed her two-year-old daughter and injured three other children.
A criminal complaint states 23-year-old Chelsea Cadotte was the only one who was restrained in the family's SUV when it crashed in Bayfield County last July near Washburn. All four children were thrown from the vehicle after it rolled several times.
Mariah Gordon, 2, died as a result of her injuries. Myley Gordon, 4, is in a coma with a traumatic brain injury. Carter Gordon, 6, suffered a broken hip and fractured leg. The defendant's sister, Erica Gonzales,15, suffered broken bones and internal injuries.
The Duluth News Tribune reported a second-degree reckless homicide charge and three counts of first-degree reckless injury have been filed against Cadotte.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom