MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a Sun Prairie man admitted to taking nine to 10 headphones worth a total of more than $4,500 from a Madison Apple Store over numerous months.
Davonte V. Marshall, 20, told police he was reselling the headphones for about $80. The two headphones police said he was trying to steal Friday retail for $399.95 and $699.90.
Police said Marshall was detained by a loss prevention officer at the Apple Store at West Towne Mall. The officer told police Marshall had been taking headphones from the store since July and was taking a pair or two at a time.
Marshall was arrested on suspicion of retail theft, bail jumping, habitual criminality and on a warrant.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral