MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a Sun Prairie man admitted to taking nine to 10 headphones worth a total of more than $4,500 from a Madison Apple Store over numerous months.
Davonte V. Marshall, 20, told police he was reselling the headphones for about $80. The two headphones police said he was trying to steal Friday retail for $399.95 and $699.90.
Police said Marshall was detained by a loss prevention officer at the Apple Store at West Towne Mall. The officer told police Marshall had been taking headphones from the store since July and was taking a pair or two at a time.
Marshall was arrested on suspicion of retail theft, bail jumping, habitual criminality and on a warrant.
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash