MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Minnesota man who broke into the Wisconsin Capitol through a first-floor window and was found unconscious on the roof is now facing criminal charges.
The Wisconsin Department of Administration said 21-year-old Andrew Bishop smashed a window Sunday to get into the Capitol. Authorities said the Roseville, Minn., man then grabbed a fire extinguisher and threw it through another window.
Police found Bishop passed out on the fourth-floor rooftop just below the dome's observation deck. A criminal complaint said an officer described Bishop as very drunk and ultimately apologetic.
Bishop is charged in Dane County with felony criminal damage and entry into a locked building, a misdemeanor.
He was in jail on a $1,000 bond Wednesday and doesn't yet have an attorney. He's due in court next week.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US