MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say the man fatally shot by an officer had threatened to kill a family member and himself before he was killed.
Police say 45-year-old James Coleman was armed with a large kitchen knife and had cut his wrists by the time officers arrived at the residence about 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say they repeatedly asked him to drop the knife, but he advanced toward police and was shot by a 29-year-old officer.
The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office is investigating.
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert