MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say the man fatally shot by an officer had threatened to kill a family member and himself before he was killed.
Police say 45-year-old James Coleman was armed with a large kitchen knife and had cut his wrists by the time officers arrived at the residence about 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say they repeatedly asked him to drop the knife, but he advanced toward police and was shot by a 29-year-old officer.
The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office is investigating.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say