MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say the man fatally shot by an officer had threatened to kill a family member and himself before he was killed.
Police say 45-year-old James Coleman was armed with a large kitchen knife and had cut his wrists by the time officers arrived at the residence about 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say they repeatedly asked him to drop the knife, but he advanced toward police and was shot by a 29-year-old officer.
The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office is investigating.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry