MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say the man fatally shot by an officer had threatened to kill a family member and himself before he was killed.
Police say 45-year-old James Coleman was armed with a large kitchen knife and had cut his wrists by the time officers arrived at the residence about 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say they repeatedly asked him to drop the knife, but he advanced toward police and was shot by a 29-year-old officer.
The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office is investigating.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes