MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say a man who was arguing with his children's mother this weekend shot and killed another man who was called to intervene.
Authorities said Monday the suspect is a 49-year-old Milwaukee man. He has been arrested, and police said they'll refer his case to prosecutors for possible charges.
Police said the suspect and the woman were arguing Sunday evening. The woman called a male friend, and when he arrived the suspect allegedly shot him outside the home.
The victim was a 39-year-old Milwaukee man. He died at the scene.
The suspect fled but was arrested a short time later when he crashed into a parked car.
Police have not released the names of anyone involved.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline