MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say a man who was arguing with his children's mother this weekend shot and killed another man who was called to intervene.
Authorities said Monday the suspect is a 49-year-old Milwaukee man. He has been arrested, and police said they'll refer his case to prosecutors for possible charges.
Police said the suspect and the woman were arguing Sunday evening. The woman called a male friend, and when he arrived the suspect allegedly shot him outside the home.
The victim was a 39-year-old Milwaukee man. He died at the scene.
The suspect fled but was arrested a short time later when he crashed into a parked car.
Police have not released the names of anyone involved.
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead