MADISON, Wis. - A dispute between a man and a woman at a State Street bar escalated to a melee and spilled into the street Sunday morning, according to police.
Police were called to the area near Osaka Bar in the 500 block of State Street at 1:33 a.m. for a report of men fighting in the street.
Victims told police the dispute between David A Kannenberg, 21, of Madison and a woman led to a fight that spilled into the street when Kennenberg was escorted out.
The bar closed after the incident. The manager said customers had left because of the violence, according to police.
Kannenberg is arrested on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct. Police said he punched several employees.
Police said Caleb C Nchang, 21, and Sherman M Street, 21, both of Madison, came to Kannenberg's aid. Each was cited on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say