The Grant County Sheriff's Department has charged a Fennimore man with operating a vehicle while intoxicated for the 4th time while a teen was riding in his truck.
The incident happened just after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday on Golf Drive just sound of County Highway T in Hickory Grove Township.
According to the sheriff's department, Michael Birchman, 37, was driving down the wrong side of Golf Drive when a deputy pulled him over. The sheriff's department said deputies conducted a field sobriety test on Birchman before charging him with OWI.
Sheriff's officials said Birchman had a 15-year-old girl in the car with him when he was pulled over, which makes the charge a felony.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'