The Grant County Sheriff's Department has charged a Fennimore man with operating a vehicle while intoxicated for the 4th time while a teen was riding in his truck.
The incident happened just after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday on Golf Drive just sound of County Highway T in Hickory Grove Township.
According to the sheriff's department, Michael Birchman, 37, was driving down the wrong side of Golf Drive when a deputy pulled him over. The sheriff's department said deputies conducted a field sobriety test on Birchman before charging him with OWI.
Sheriff's officials said Birchman had a 15-year-old girl in the car with him when he was pulled over, which makes the charge a felony.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game