The Grant County Sheriff's Department has charged a Fennimore man with operating a vehicle while intoxicated for the 4th time while a teen was riding in his truck.
The incident happened just after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday on Golf Drive just sound of County Highway T in Hickory Grove Township.
According to the sheriff's department, Michael Birchman, 37, was driving down the wrong side of Golf Drive when a deputy pulled him over. The sheriff's department said deputies conducted a field sobriety test on Birchman before charging him with OWI.
Sheriff's officials said Birchman had a 15-year-old girl in the car with him when he was pulled over, which makes the charge a felony.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK