The Grant County Sheriff's Department has charged a Fennimore man with operating a vehicle while intoxicated for the 4th time while a teen was riding in his truck.
The incident happened just after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday on Golf Drive just sound of County Highway T in Hickory Grove Township.
According to the sheriff's department, Michael Birchman, 37, was driving down the wrong side of Golf Drive when a deputy pulled him over. The sheriff's department said deputies conducted a field sobriety test on Birchman before charging him with OWI.
Sheriff's officials said Birchman had a 15-year-old girl in the car with him when he was pulled over, which makes the charge a felony.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash