MADISON, Wis. - A man who “piggybacked” off students to get into a University of Wisconsin-Madison residence hall last month is a suspect in a sexual assault case, police said.
Officials said there was a report of a sexual assault at Witte Hall early on April 23.
UWPD used security footage and witness descriptions to find Stephan Burton. He was arrested on a probation hold, but is a suspect in the sexual assault case.
Burton also faces tentative charges of trespassing, possession of THC and resisting arrest.
- Adams County deputies searching for two missing children
- Juneau County deputies investigate human remains found in woods
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot
- Group dedicates 50-year time capsule to mark critical moment in climate history
- Football fans flood Madison for Badger, Wolverine matchup
- Dodge County Sheriff's Office to implement crash reduction strategy