MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after he tried to rob a McDonald's restaurant on Park Street, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the McDonald's at 2402 S. Park St. at 7:16 p.m. Monday for a report of an armed robbery.
Police said Zachary Gonzales, 26, entered the restaurant with a hand under his clothing with what appeared to be an object pointed at an employee. He implied that he had a gun and demanded money, according to the report.
The manager was able to alert police who arrived while Gonzales was still at the counter. He was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery.
Police said Gonzales was not armed.Madison crime map
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed