MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after he tried to rob a McDonald's restaurant on Park Street, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the McDonald's at 2402 S. Park St. at 7:16 p.m. Monday for a report of an armed robbery.
Police said Zachary Gonzales, 26, entered the restaurant with a hand under his clothing with what appeared to be an object pointed at an employee. He implied that he had a gun and demanded money, according to the report.
The manager was able to alert police who arrived while Gonzales was still at the counter. He was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery.
Police said Gonzales was not armed.Madison crime map
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says