MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after he tried to rob a McDonald's restaurant on Park Street, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the McDonald's at 2402 S. Park St. at 7:16 p.m. Monday for a report of an armed robbery.
Police said Zachary Gonzales, 26, entered the restaurant with a hand under his clothing with what appeared to be an object pointed at an employee. He implied that he had a gun and demanded money, according to the report.
The manager was able to alert police who arrived while Gonzales was still at the counter. He was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery.
Police said Gonzales was not armed.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say