MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after he tried to rob a McDonald's restaurant on Park Street, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the McDonald's at 2402 S. Park St. at 7:16 p.m. Monday for a report of an armed robbery.
Police said Zachary Gonzales, 26, entered the restaurant with a hand under his clothing with what appeared to be an object pointed at an employee. He implied that he had a gun and demanded money, according to the report.
The manager was able to alert police who arrived while Gonzales was still at the counter. He was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery.
Police said Gonzales was not armed.Madison crime map
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry