MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old Madison man threatened a 28-year-old woman with a knife on the south side Thursday, according to police.
Thomas Jackson was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed and felony bail jumping.
The incident happened on Cypress Way at about 5 p.m. The victim, told police the suspect -- someone she is acquainted with -- told her he would kill her. The incident stemmed from an earlier dispute, though police did not indicate the issue from the earlier quarrel.
Jackson was out on bail when the incident took place, police said. A court order forbade him to possess weapons or alcohol; police said Jackson had a knife and a bottle of gin in his pockets.
Jackson denied using the knife to threaten the woman.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say