MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old Madison man threatened a 28-year-old woman with a knife on the south side Thursday, according to police.
Thomas Jackson was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed and felony bail jumping.
The incident happened on Cypress Way at about 5 p.m. The victim, told police the suspect -- someone she is acquainted with -- told her he would kill her. The incident stemmed from an earlier dispute, though police did not indicate the issue from the earlier quarrel.
Jackson was out on bail when the incident took place, police said. A court order forbade him to possess weapons or alcohol; police said Jackson had a knife and a bottle of gin in his pockets.
Jackson denied using the knife to threaten the woman.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry