BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. - A Blue Mounds man is suspected of driving drunk for the fourth time after police said an officer stopped to help him, thinking he was having vehicle trouble Friday night.
Blue Mounds Police Chief Andrew Rose said an officer made contact with a motorist at 7:51 p.m. who looked to be broken down on Highway F at Highway 151 in the village of Blue Mounds.
Blue Mounds police said the driver, Steven Lauritz Jr., 45, was intoxicated.
Lauritz refused a blood test and a search warrant for his blood was issued by a Dane County Circuit Court Judge, Rose said in a release. The blood draw was completed at Meriter Hospital and Lauitz was booked into the Dane County Jail.
Lauritz was charged with fourth-offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, felony bail jumping and third-offense operating after revocation.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1