MADISON, Wis. - A 47-year-old Madison man was struck in the head by a rock during a fight that broke out at a park on the city's east side Wednesday, according to police.
The victim told police he and a group of people were hanging out at Burr Jones Park when Tyrone A. Flood, 47, disrespected a woman in the group and the victim demanded an apology.
The confrontation escalated to a fistfight. Police said Flood armed himself with a rock.
The victim was not seriously injured.
Flood was arrested on suspicion of battery.
Police are asking that Flood be banned from Madison parks.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US