MADISON, Wis. - A 47-year-old Madison man was struck in the head by a rock during a fight that broke out at a park on the city's east side Wednesday, according to police.
The victim told police he and a group of people were hanging out at Burr Jones Park when Tyrone A. Flood, 47, disrespected a woman in the group and the victim demanded an apology.
The confrontation escalated to a fistfight. Police said Flood armed himself with a rock.
The victim was not seriously injured.
Flood was arrested on suspicion of battery.
Police are asking that Flood be banned from Madison parks.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1