MONONA, Wis. - A man robbed a local employee of a business' night deposit as she left the building late Wednesday.
The Monona Police Department said at about 9:50 p.m., a local business manager was preparing to make the nightly deposit at BMO Harris Bank on Monona Drive while another employee waited in the car.
An unknown man approached the woman from behind and demanded the money, police said.
According to the statement, the manager gave the robber the deposit and the man fled on foot running north on Gordon Avenue with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police said no weapons were seen.
The man is described as white, 5 feet 9 inches tall in his 30s wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt.
Police said a police K-9 searched the area without success.
Police asked anyone with information to call the Monona Police Department at 222-0463 or the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement