MONONA, Wis. - A man robbed a local employee of a business' night deposit as she left the building late Wednesday.
The Monona Police Department said at about 9:50 p.m., a local business manager was preparing to make the nightly deposit at BMO Harris Bank on Monona Drive while another employee waited in the car.
An unknown man approached the woman from behind and demanded the money, police said.
According to the statement, the manager gave the robber the deposit and the man fled on foot running north on Gordon Avenue with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police said no weapons were seen.
The man is described as white, 5 feet 9 inches tall in his 30s wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt.
Police said a police K-9 searched the area without success.
Police asked anyone with information to call the Monona Police Department at 222-0463 or the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say