JANESVILLE, Wis. - A man sought by the Rock County Sheriff's Office after a rollover crash that injured three people has been arrested in Rockford, Ill., according to deputies.
Emeterio Acosta, 23, of Janesville, was arrested Wednesday at a residence in Rockford on suspicion of hit-and-run causing bodily harm and hit-and-run injury.
Two people were ejected in a single-car rollover crash just before 3 a.m. Sunday at East County Road O and Interstate 90.
Deputies said Acosta fled the scene before first responders arrived.
Three occupants – all under 18 years old -- were found injured at the scene, including one person found unresponsive in the roadway, the sheriff said. Only one passenger was in the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived.
According to the report, a 2000 Plymouth Neon was headed east on County Road O toward the I-90 overpass when it left the roadway, over-corrected and rolled once onto the road. One of the rear passengers was ejected before it landed upright, the sheriff said.
Investigators said alcohol appears to be a contributing factor in the crash. The report said one of the kids injured was in critical condition as of Sunday morning and the others were treated and released.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement