MADISON, Wis. - A man from Madison will spend 10 years in prison after being convicted of child abuse.
Prosecutors said 27-year-old Jerry Ehrett physically abused his former girlfriend's four-year-old son.
Ehrett claimed the boy fell while riding a bike in August 2011, but documents show he pushed the boy into a kitchen counter.
The boy suffered brain damage, nearly died and will require lifelong care.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night