MADISON, Wis. - A man accused in a fatal shooting on Madison's west side in 2011 has been sentenced to 20 years in prison and 10 years of extended supervision.
Victor McKeavin is accused in the shooting in the 1100 block of Gammon Lane on May 14, 2011. Derwin Hakins, 31, died shortly after officers arrived at the scene.
McKeavin was arrested by U.S. Marshals in Atlanta on Oct. 24, 2011 on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
The Madison Police Department said the suspect and victim likely knew each other in some fashion prior to the shooting.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry