MADISON, Wis. - A man accused in a fatal shooting on Madison's west side in 2011 has been sentenced to 20 years in prison and 10 years of extended supervision.
Victor McKeavin is accused in the shooting in the 1100 block of Gammon Lane on May 14, 2011. Derwin Hakins, 31, died shortly after officers arrived at the scene.
McKeavin was arrested by U.S. Marshals in Atlanta on Oct. 24, 2011 on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
The Madison Police Department said the suspect and victim likely knew each other in some fashion prior to the shooting.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms