MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating after a concerned citizen reported a driver trying to make contact with grade-school-aged girls as they were walking home from Kennedy Elementary School Monday.
The citizen reported seeing the man along Meadowlark Drive at about 2 p.m.
The man is described as white, in his early 20s, and wearing a black hooded jacket with the hood up, and driving a dark, 4-door SUV. The license plate stared with 957.
The principal at the elementary school is sending a letter home to parents.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral