MADISON, Wis. - A 48-year-old man was robbed Thursday night while going to his vehicle in an east side parking lot, according to a release from Madison police.
The man told police that he was walking to his vehicle in the 2900 block of East Washington Avenue when he was approached by another man who asked him for a lighter. The robber then showed the man a silver semi-automatic handgun and robbed him of his phone and cash.
The robber is described as black, 25 to 32 years old, 6 feet, 1 inch tall and weighing 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and camouflage sweatpants. He might have gotten into a white Cadillac.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry