MADISON, Wis. - A 48-year-old man was robbed Thursday night while going to his vehicle in an east side parking lot, according to a release from Madison police.
The man told police that he was walking to his vehicle in the 2900 block of East Washington Avenue when he was approached by another man who asked him for a lighter. The robber then showed the man a silver semi-automatic handgun and robbed him of his phone and cash.
The robber is described as black, 25 to 32 years old, 6 feet, 1 inch tall and weighing 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and camouflage sweatpants. He might have gotten into a white Cadillac.
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan
- Sherrif's department investigates sexting scandal involving local high school students
- Impaired driving police operation nets in multiple arrests, 2 guns seized
- Semi hauling trailer filled with beer crashes, closes highway ramp, officials say
- Teacher placed on leave for showing controversial documentary returning to class Tuesday
- Man won't get new sentence in death of Manitowoc officer