MADISON, Wis. - A man was robbed at gunpoint on Madison's east side early Tuesday morning by a man who acted as if he needed a light for his cigarette, according to Madison police.
The incident happened in the 300 block of North Street just before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
According to police, the man was approached from behind by the robber, who asked the victim for a light.
When the victim turned around, the man flashed a handgun and stole the victim's wallet.
If you know anything about this incident, you are asked to call Madison area Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall