MADISON, Wis. - One man was robbed of his cellphone when a man pointed a gun at him while he was walking down the street early Tuesday morning near the UW campus.
The incident happened just after 12:30 a.m. Tuesday near the corner of Regent Street at Randall Street on campus.
According to police, the victim was walking down Regent when a man asked the victim for the time. The victim answered and continued to walk down the street.
The victim heard the man say something else to him right before the man pointed a gun at the victim's chest and demanded his phone. The culprit took it and ran away toward Bowen Court.
Anyone with information about this incident should call Madison Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land