MADISON, Wis. - One man was robbed of his cellphone when a man pointed a gun at him while he was walking down the street early Tuesday morning near the UW campus.
The incident happened just after 12:30 a.m. Tuesday near the corner of Regent Street at Randall Street on campus.
According to police, the victim was walking down Regent when a man asked the victim for the time. The victim answered and continued to walk down the street.
The victim heard the man say something else to him right before the man pointed a gun at the victim's chest and demanded his phone. The culprit took it and ran away toward Bowen Court.
Anyone with information about this incident should call Madison Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees