MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison man was attacked early Saturday morning while he was walking alone on Mifflin Street.
According to the report, a 20-year-old man was walking on the 500 block of West Mifflin Street just after midnight when a stranger punched him in the mouth. The victim fell to the ground and police said he sustained a couple more punches in the torso. The victim swung back and hit the attacker in his ribs, police said. The attacker fled after he was hit, police said.
The victim told police no words were exchanged during the alleged attack. Police said robbery did not appear to be a motive in the fight.
Police said the attacker was a white man between 20 and 25 years old wearing a red sleeveless sports jersey. Police added it may have been a Chicago Bulls jersey.
The 20-year-old was received stitches to close a cut lip.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes