Two Madison men were attacked outside a downtown Madison bar early Friday, police said.
Madison police said a 22-year-old man and a 26-year-old man reported that they were assaulted at about 2 a.m. in the 400 block of West Gilman Street.
According to the report, one of the men told police the pair spoke with some women in a bar and he speculated that five or six men in the group may not have liked that.
The man who reported the attack told police that once he and his friend were outside the nightclub, his friend was knocked to the ground, struck repeatedly and knocked unconscious. His friend was taken to a hospital with a possible broken nose. He said he was also punched.
Police said no suspects had been located.
- MPD responds to reports of shots fired on Raymond Road
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident
- Janesville school board looks to revise policy, boost attendance
- 9 months after fatal crash, driver charged with felony
- Federal budget proposal would slow cancer research