MADISON, Wis. - Madison police shot and killed a suspect early Friday morning on Madison's near east side after officers responded to a report of a burglary in progress.
The incident happened around 2:45 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of South Baldwin Street just east of downtown.Man killed in officer-involved shooting
According to police, when police arrived, there was a physical confrontation between the officer and the suspected intruder. Police said during the struggle, the officer fired his gun and shot the suspected intruder.
Police said the suspected intruder is a man in his 30s. Police said he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said no officers were hurt.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam