MADISON, Wis. - Madison police shot and killed a suspect early Friday morning on Madison's near east side after officers responded to a report of a burglary in progress.
The incident happened around 2:45 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of South Baldwin Street just east of downtown.Man killed in officer-involved shooting
According to police, when police arrived, there was a physical confrontation between the officer and the suspected intruder. Police said during the struggle, the officer fired his gun and shot the suspected intruder.
Police said the suspected intruder is a man in his 30s. Police said he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said no officers were hurt.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets