BELOIT, Wis. - Beloit police are searching for a man they say shot and killed a man Sunday morning.
Police are looking for Tevon Marley, 28, who is wanted on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
Police said Ricky Sims, Jr., 19, was found with multiple gunshot wounds on the 700 block of Merill Street in Beloit at 11:22 a.m. Sunday.
Sims died during surgery at Beloit Hospital. He was from Chicago.
Police said the shooting happened on the north side terrace on Merrill and Sims was found in a nearby yard. Police report Sims and Marley did not have any connection to this location and had been in two separate vehicles before the shooting.
Marley is also a suspect in an attempted homicide that occurred on April 5. His last known address was in Harvey, Ill.
Anyone with information on Marley's whereabouts should call 911.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need