MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating an apparent strong-armed robbery that occurred Friday on Madison's south side just before midnight.
A 38-year-old man told police that he was jumped by four men near West Badger Road and South Park Street at about 11:50 p.m.
According to the report, the victim suffered lacerations to his hand and face and a cut on the back of his head. Police also said the victim's cellphone was stolen during the attack.
The victim was treated at a local hospital and released, the report noted.
Police said the victim could not provide any description of the attackers other than that they were men.
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field