MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man encountered a group of women arguing in the street and was injured by shears when he tried to break it up, according to Madison police.
The 32-year-old man told police he was walking in the 2100 block of Rosenberry Road early Sunday morning when he noticed a group of women arguing in the street. He said the dispute was getting physical between two women and he decided to assist.
He said one of the women had a large scissors or garden shears and was swinging them around when he was struck in the upper arm. More than 10 stitches were needed to close the wound.
Police were called by hospital officials.
The woman with the shears is described as black, 25 years old, 5-feet 6-inches tall, weighing 200 pounds and having a heavy build.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire