MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man encountered a group of women arguing in the street and was injured by shears when he tried to break it up, according to Madison police.
The 32-year-old man told police he was walking in the 2100 block of Rosenberry Road early Sunday morning when he noticed a group of women arguing in the street. He said the dispute was getting physical between two women and he decided to assist.
He said one of the women had a large scissors or garden shears and was swinging them around when he was struck in the upper arm. More than 10 stitches were needed to close the wound.
Police were called by hospital officials.
The woman with the shears is described as black, 25 years old, 5-feet 6-inches tall, weighing 200 pounds and having a heavy build.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash