JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said they have arrested a man who tried to rob a motel on the city's northeast side while wearing some unconventional clothing.
The incident happened around 10:30 p.m. Monday at the Econolodge Motel in the 3500 block of Milton Avenue in Janesville.
According to police, officers were sent to the motel for a report of a robbery. The motel clerk told police a man entered the lobby wearing only purple satin boxer shorts, a jacket and a hat.
Police identified the man as Rodney Beese, 54, of Janesville, and said Beese handed the clerk a note, asking her to "give me all your money." The clerk refused, and Beese left the motel, according to police.
After leaving, police said, Beese disrobed down to his boxers, black dress socks and brown loafers, and started walking toward the Farm and Fleet. Police said an officer stopped him, and Beese told the officer he wasn't wearing clothing because "it was hot out."
Police said the officer located Beese's clothing and his ID behind a dumpster at the Econolodge.
Janesville police said they arrested Beese on one count of attempted robbery.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal