MADISON, Wis. - A 41-year-old Madison man was hospitalized after being attacked by an acquaintance in the parking lot of a University Avenue apartment building Monday morning, according to Madison police.
The victim told police he was choked and struck in the head in the 6200 block of University Avenue and remembered the attacker pulling a weapon from his waistband.
He did not know the attacker's full name.
Police said several silver necklaces were ripped from the victim's neck.
The attacker remains at large.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'