MADISON, Wis. - A 41-year-old Madison man was hospitalized after being attacked by an acquaintance in the parking lot of a University Avenue apartment building Monday morning, according to Madison police.
The victim told police he was choked and struck in the head in the 6200 block of University Avenue and remembered the attacker pulling a weapon from his waistband.
He did not know the attacker's full name.
Police said several silver necklaces were ripped from the victim's neck.
The attacker remains at large.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head