TOWN OF TURTLE, Wis. - A man was taken into custody hours after a family disturbance led to deputies trying to get the man out of a home in Turtle Township.
Rock County Sheriff's deputies were called to 2237 E. Huebbe Parkway at 12:19 a.m. Monday for a report of a 53-year-old man who was "freaking out."
Family members left the home before deputies arrived and the man refused to talk to law enforcement, according to deputies. Deputies said they could hear the man inside yelling and breaking items. They said they saw him throwing items out the front window.
The man threatened to harm himself and deputies said they believed he might have access to a handgun.
The SWAT team was called an hour after the initial call. After an hour, deputies said the SWAT team made contact with the man but he continued to refuse to come out.
At 5 a.m. the SWAT team spotted the man unarmed in a sun room where they broke the door and took the man into custody.
The man suffered a minor cut on his hand that was treated at the scene, according to deputies. He was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital for observation.19267452
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall