MADISON, Wis. - A man had his cellphone and money stolen early Christmas Eve when an armed robber held him up as he went to his car, according to Madison police.
The incident happened just after midnight Christmas Eve in the 500 block of Oak Street on Madison's near east side.
According to police, the armed robber displayed a handgun as the victim went to his car. Police said the victim was not injured in the robbery.
Police are looking for a man in his 20s, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a skinny build. He was last seen with a red cloth over his face. Anyone who knows anything about the incident is asked to call Madison Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need