MADISON, Wis. - A man had his cellphone and money stolen early Christmas Eve when an armed robber held him up as he went to his car, according to Madison police.
The incident happened just after midnight Christmas Eve in the 500 block of Oak Street on Madison's near east side.
According to police, the armed robber displayed a handgun as the victim went to his car. Police said the victim was not injured in the robbery.
Police are looking for a man in his 20s, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a skinny build. He was last seen with a red cloth over his face. Anyone who knows anything about the incident is asked to call Madison Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing