DOOR COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities said an Illinois man has confessed to killing his girlfriend while the couple was in Wisconsin's Door County to attend a wedding.
Sheriff Terry Vogel did not identify the victim or suspect but said the 35-year-old man is from Will County, Ill., in far southwest suburban Chicago, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
The man was arrested in Sister Bay, Wis., and police found the body of his 21-year-old girlfriend inside a motel room at a resort. Vogel also did not identify the resort or town where the body was discovered.
The man is being held in Door County pending charges.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say