DOOR COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities said an Illinois man has confessed to killing his girlfriend while the couple was in Wisconsin's Door County to attend a wedding.
Sheriff Terry Vogel did not identify the victim or suspect but said the 35-year-old man is from Will County, Ill., in far southwest suburban Chicago, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
The man was arrested in Sister Bay, Wis., and police found the body of his 21-year-old girlfriend inside a motel room at a resort. Vogel also did not identify the resort or town where the body was discovered.
The man is being held in Door County pending charges.
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says