DARLINGTON, Wis. - Police are investigating an early-morning stabbing that officers said sent one man to the hospital and another into custody.
The City of Darlington Police Department said officers, along with Rural Medical Ambulance Service, responded to the incident on the 100 Block of East Louisa Street at approximately 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
Police said two men were arguing when one of them produced a knife and stabbed the other twice.
Christopher A. Reilly, 34, of Darlington, was arrested on suspicion of recklessly endangering the safety of another, according to the report. Police said Sunday morning that Reilly is in jail pending a court appearance.
According to the report, the victim was transported to Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department assisted.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program