MADISON, Wis. - A man found passed out in his vehicle after a traffic crash Monday was later arrested on suspicion of third offense driving while intoxicated, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 900 block of North Fair Oaks Avenue at 1:29 p.m. for a report of a minor two-vehicle crash at the intersection of North Fair Oaks Avenue and Lexington Avenue.
An officer said a man driving a pickup truck involved in the crash was slumped over the steering wheel and breathing deeply, snoring and his eyes were closed. The officer also reported smelling intoxicants.
The officer said Ralph R. Smalley, 50, of Evansville, didn't know where he was when the officer woke him up and thought it was 8 a.m. or 9 a.m.
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road