MADISON, Wis. - A man found passed out in his vehicle after a traffic crash Monday was later arrested on suspicion of third offense driving while intoxicated, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 900 block of North Fair Oaks Avenue at 1:29 p.m. for a report of a minor two-vehicle crash at the intersection of North Fair Oaks Avenue and Lexington Avenue.
An officer said a man driving a pickup truck involved in the crash was slumped over the steering wheel and breathing deeply, snoring and his eyes were closed. The officer also reported smelling intoxicants.
The officer said Ralph R. Smalley, 50, of Evansville, didn't know where he was when the officer woke him up and thought it was 8 a.m. or 9 a.m.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter