MADISON, Wis. - A man found passed out in his vehicle after a traffic crash Monday was later arrested on suspicion of third offense driving while intoxicated, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 900 block of North Fair Oaks Avenue at 1:29 p.m. for a report of a minor two-vehicle crash at the intersection of North Fair Oaks Avenue and Lexington Avenue.
An officer said a man driving a pickup truck involved in the crash was slumped over the steering wheel and breathing deeply, snoring and his eyes were closed. The officer also reported smelling intoxicants.
The officer said Ralph R. Smalley, 50, of Evansville, didn't know where he was when the officer woke him up and thought it was 8 a.m. or 9 a.m.
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video