SHAWANO, Wis. - Shawano County sheriff's officials said they're investigating a hit-and-run death.
Authorities said a man was found lying on a county road near Shawano about 2:30 a.m. Friday. It appeared he had been struck by a vehicle and wasn't breathing. The man was later pronounced dead by the Shawano County coroner.
Investigators said the man was apparently struck by a large vehicle, possibly a pickup truck or SUV headed to Shawano.
The 22-year-old victim has not been identified.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth