SHAWANO, Wis. - Shawano County sheriff's officials said they're investigating a hit-and-run death.
Authorities said a man was found lying on a county road near Shawano about 2:30 a.m. Friday. It appeared he had been struck by a vehicle and wasn't breathing. The man was later pronounced dead by the Shawano County coroner.
Investigators said the man was apparently struck by a large vehicle, possibly a pickup truck or SUV headed to Shawano.
The 22-year-old victim has not been identified.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement