SHAWANO, Wis. - Shawano County sheriff's officials said they're investigating a hit-and-run death.
Authorities said a man was found lying on a county road near Shawano about 2:30 a.m. Friday. It appeared he had been struck by a vehicle and wasn't breathing. The man was later pronounced dead by the Shawano County coroner.
Investigators said the man was apparently struck by a large vehicle, possibly a pickup truck or SUV headed to Shawano.
The 22-year-old victim has not been identified.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online