MADISON, Wis. - A man was robbed after parking his car and being followed into his building in downtown Madison, according to police.
The 29-year-old victim told police he was walking into his building in the 400 block of West Main Street at about 9:45 p.m. Tuesday when a man came behind him and pointed a silver handgun at the victim. The robber told the victim to drop the bag he was carrying and demanded his wallet and cellphone.
The robber took the items and told the victim to wait until he was gone before calling police.
The robber is described as white in his mid-to-late 20s, 6 feet to 6 feet 3 inches tall, with a slender build and wearing a black cap and face mask, blue jeans, red jacket and white tennis shoes.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says