MADISON, Wis. - Shane Behrens pleaded no contest to intentionally causing bodily harm while armed with a dangerous weapon and being a party to the crime of second-degree reckless injury causing great bodily harm while armed with a dangerous weapon, officials said.
On October 27-28, 2012, Shane Behrens and Brandon Behrens went to a Halloween party in Arena where a fight took place, according to a criminal complaint. During the fight, five people were injured. The victims were treated for numerous injuries, including stab wounds and broken bones.
Shane Behrens faces up to 37.5 years in prison and up to $75,000 in fines, according to the release. He was previously convicted of a first-offense operating while intoxicated charge from the same time period.
Shane Behrens will be back in court for sentencing on Sept. 22.
The prosecution of Brandon Behrens is still pending, officials said.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash